A TopGolf Tournament will raise funds to support initiatives throughout the Greater Austin region.
At Baylor Scott & White, we’re dedicated to help patients Get Better: better care to help them lead better, healthier lives.
That’s why we’re investing in technology and innovation. Often, finding the best treatment or method requires looking at challenges in different ways and incorporating new technologies or standards of care.
Over the next 10 years, Baylor Scott & White will invest more than $250 million in technology and innovation in the Austin region.
Advanced technology can make health care not only safer and more efficient, but also more convenient and engaging for patients. Patients who feel more involved in their own health care often make healthier choices, have fewer emergency room visits, and collaborate with physicians to make better decisions about their care.
Over the next 10 years, Baylor Scott & White will commit more than $200 million to advanced technology in the Austin region on items like:
- Devices that will share patient data with providers, such as wireless scales, fitness trackers, glucose monitoring patches, and phone cases with built-in blood pressure sensors.
- Virtual reality technology for use with mental health patients to create a calming environment, and with surgical patients to demonstrate at-home care and prevent readmission.
- Telemedicine technology to help bring expertise to patients when and where it’s most convenient for them, including E-visits, at-home otoscopes for children with frequent ear infections, and an iRobot for highly specialized physicians to visit in-patients across the region.
Innovation is at the forefront of cutting-edge medicine. At Baylor Scott & White, we embrace innovation to discover new solutions to reduce preventable and recurrent health problems. Over the next 10 years, we will commit more than $50 million to assess and adopt innovations that will yield the best outcomes for our patients. Our plans include:
- Innovation lab space where researchers can develop new solutions
- Innovation Challenge program will invite startup organizations to present solutions to a given issue
- New medication workflows to assist pharmacists with verification and communication with patients, and increase patient compliance
We invite you to join us in this investment by participating in our inaugural TopGolf Tournament!